Human society has made rapid progress in the field of material comforts, technology, education, and economic development throughout the entire world. Yet there remains a pinprick somewhere in the social body at large, and therefore there are quarrels amongst persons at various levels. In addition, pervasive problems with the environment and economy persist. Naturally, everyone is searching for solutions to these predicaments. However, in the words of Albert Einstein, we cannot solve problems with the same level of consciousness with which we created them. The root cause is not a lack of education, insufficient resources, or a problem with the government: it is a deficient condition of consciousness.
Bhakti Yoga Club is a unique group on campus that seeks, through a shift in consciousness, to address the underlying cause of all the problems we see today. By giving individuals the opportunity to experience culture from ancient India through a blend of Bhagavad Gita discussion groups, mantra mediation, speaker events, yoga asanas, and vegetarian cooking classes, Bhakti Yoga Club offers a solution on a spiritual level, leading to a wholesome and satisfying lifestyle. Beyond offering a means to help students at the individual level, Bhakti Yoga Club provides an opportunity for thoughtful persons to meet with like-minded souls, often leading to lasting and fulfilling friendships.
Mission of the Bhakti Yoga and Vegetarian Club
- To provide a friendly environment for any interested students, faculty, and staff to enjoy delicious variety of mouthwatering vegetarian food, fun yoga, and meditation.
- To organize exciting activities that include vegetarian cooking classes on campus showcasing countless varieties of yummy vegetarian world cuisine.
- The club also features interesting talks on bhakti yoga and relaxing meditation to relieve stress and help achieve inner peace.
- To engage in serving the community by helping to feed the homeless by preparing free healthy vegetarian meals.
- To contribute to the general enrichment of the student experience.
- To contribute to the advancement of the academic mission of the University, and enlarge opportunities for leadership, cultural and social exchange; and service to the University and broader community
- To contribute to the creation of campus community in a way that appeals to a wide audience of campus citizens.
Terms for Membership
- Membership in this club will not be restricted on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender or age.
- Membership for the Bhakti Yoga and Vegetarian Club is free. There are absolutely no requirements other than being a member of the Johns Hopkins University community. Any student, faculty, or staff member is welcome and eligible.
- The members of the Bhakti Yoga and Vegetarian Club at Johns Hopkins University agree to abide by all applicable University policies and procedures.
Sign up for a free membership today!
Hello and Namaste Friends!
On behalf of the Bhakti Yoga and Vegetarian Club, I am excited to invite you for our next event happening on the 16th Of December between 6pm and 7pm.
We thank you all for making our maiden event a great success with many interested students who turned up and had a good time. Our session was missed by many interested students who hoped to be a part of it the next time. So here we are, back on demand, better than before!
What’s in it for you?
- soul stirring music
- Mantra meditation – proven to be the most effective and recommended highly by the best of sages from ancient India.
- Enlivening talk on science, spirituality, the soul and beyond
- Inquiry session (clear your inner questions and invoke the seeker in you with our interactive session conducted by a senior monk)
- Karma-free food (Free food, you have heard of, but karma-free food nourishes not just the body but the soul too!)
- Taste time-less recipes (some over a 1000 years old) and learn to make them in coming sessions.
- Make friends with other seekers.
- Learn how ancient practical principles can impact your life in a way more positive than anything else.
We are also pleased to inform you that we will very soon have a page on the university website that will help with registrations and help us stay connected with you better. More on that soon.
Spread the word to earn good karma 😉
Get in touch with us! You can post your queries on the program, spirituality and let us know how you can get involved here! Our speaker (monk) will be happy to assist you 🙂